Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude



This week I spent time playing with my pastels. There was not set agenda other than to take out the chalk and make marks.  When I did this it took me back to my early days in the classroom.  That was a long time ago when manipulatives first came into favor.  When we brought the new math manipulatives into the room we spent several weeks just playing with them. Only when the newness wore off and the kids could really start to pay attention on how to use them were specific strategies taught. 

I realized recently that I have not given myself permission to play in a long time.  I reminded myself that by not giving myself time to play with my pastels, and to learn how they feel and what they can do, I have missed a lot of fun and I am sure a lot of important information.  So I have decided to start over and look at my adventure with pastels as if it was just beginning.  I am going to create one small piece a day and see what happens. I am going to enjoy myself and play.  As George Bernard Shaw said, "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."   I think it is definitely time to play!  I would love to have you join me in at least one "play date" this week.

Each Friday I share what I am grateful for.  This week I am very grateful for the time to play! 

When you share your dreams and talent with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!