Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday's Quote and Inspiration

 
 
"You may not be a Picasso or a Mozart but you don't have to be to create.  Just create to create.  Create to remind yourself that you are alive. Make something to inspire others to make something too.  Create to learn more about yourself."   Frederick Terral

Each Sunday I post a quote that I hope will inspire me and others throughout the week to live a life filled with creativity.  This quote was perfect for me to read today.  It was as if it was written just for me. I have been thinking a lot about my blog and why I write.  Before reading the above quote I had come to the conclusion that I blog to connect with others. I love meeting people from all over the world and learning about their creative lives. I love going on studio tours, seeing what is on an artist or writer's desk, and seeing their work.  I learn so much from the tutorials that are shared, the words that are written, and the paintings that are created.

But I realize that I blog for another reason as well. I would love to inspire others to continue creating just as they have been an inspiration for me.  I've learned so much from the encouragement and support that bloggers have offered me and I want to pass that kindness on.  So when I read, "You don't have to be a Picasso or a Mozart to create." it was as though a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulder this morning.  I tend to get into my head a little too much and worry about whether what I share is good enough.  But maybe the fact that I am willing to share what I have created will inspire others to continue to do the same. As Einstein said, "Creativity is contagious.  Pass it on."   I hope you will continue to pass on all of the wonderful things that you have created each week.  It makes the world a much more beautiful place for all of us.

   When you share your dreams and talents with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!
                                                                                                                                                   Ginny

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!