Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude




                                                                    What If

Wednesday I took a great painting class where we used water and pastels.  Before we began class the instructor had placed a small piece of paper on everyone's easel with the words "What if"  The class was built around the idea of just letting go and taking a chance.  We were given a step by step set of directions for using water with our pastels but we were also free to step back and say "what if"  and then do whatever came to mind.  Questions help with creativity.  They open the door to new images, new possibilities, new dreams. 

I like the question "What if"   I am finding that my answer is usually freeing.  I find that my answer is usually fun and it helps me realize that most things are not as serious as I tend to make them. 

This week I am grateful for a class that opened the door to not only a new way of painting but to a new question to help open the doors of life when I am stuck.  Getting stuck happens to all of us.  It may happen when we are writing or painting or almost completing a project.  It may come in our daily life or when we want to make a big change in the way we think or the way we do things.  Looking at all of the different possibilities and asking "What if" may be a simple but effective way of seeing things in a new light.  I am going to try it more often.  How about you? 

             Remember:  When you share your dreams and talent with the world, magic happens.  Let it begin today.

 What if you joined Circle of Dreams which begins the last week of September?  Joining a like minded group of women to share your dreams and talents with can be just the thing to help you start something new, finish a project, or get in touch with who you are and what you want to do with your life now.  The circle will be small so we have time to really talk and share what we have accomplished each week.  I will also be sharing Kaizen-Muse Creativity strategies which I really find helpful in so many ways.  If you are interested in learning more about the group, please read the Circle of Dreams page or better yet contact me at ginny.lennox@comcast.net

I am linking my post to Paint Party Friday.  I love visiting the artists each week.  I hope you will join us.

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!