Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday's Quote and Reflection


Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, but most of all surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you, even when you don't see it yourself."  Edmund Lee

Each week another Kaizen-Muse Creativity coach and I take an hour to coach each other.  Why would a creativity coach need a creativity coach you might ask?  Becuase as the quote above says we all need to surround ourselves with people who support us, who are there to ask the questions that help us find the answers to move forward with our dreams and who believe that we can do anything we set our minds to do because we can.  Can we do it alone?  I am sure most of the time we can.  But it is so much more fun to share what excites us with others who feel the same and who are there to support us  . 

This week I am going to a pastel workshop.  I am excited to be able to be in a room with people who love working with pastels as I do.  I am excited to see what they are doing and to share what I have learned. Several years ago I participated in Jamie Ridler's Circe Circle.  It was a wonderful experience.  Each week I shared my goals with seven women I had never met and we supported each other.  We talked, we laughed, we shared ideas, and most of all we listened.  Several years later we still support each other although we still have never met.  There have been books published, businesses started, moves made, and dreams fulfilled.  It is wonderful to know that there is always a group of women across the country and world cheering for your success. 

I am excited to be starting Circle of Dreams in September.  When I was consulting I did something similiar for teachers but now I want to reach out to women all over the world to help them make their dreams come true as someone else did for me.  When I saw the quote above I knew it is exactly what I hope to do.  I want to bring together a group of women who are dreamers and believers, who are both thinkers and doers.  I want everyone in the group to know that there are times when we can move forward with our plans at a rapid pace and there are times when we have to slow down and regroup.  There will be times when everything falls in place just as it should and times when nothing goes right.  There will be times to celebrate and times to take a deep breath and wait a little before taking the next tiny step forward.  Life is filled with all different experiences and having a group that believes in you and what you are trying to accomplish makes those experiences even more exciting.  It is amazing how talking on the phone with people you have never met for one hour a week can help what may be a fuzzy idea in your head become a reality.  It can help you to move forward on a dream or help you to realize that your ideas have changed and it is really a new dream that needs to unfold.

Circle of Dreams will begin the last week in September. There is a Circle of Dreams page which should answer most of your questions.  If you have any other questions or would like to chat about the circle or anything else for that matter, please email me at ginny.lennox@comcast.net.  I would love to talk to you. 

"You don't need diamonds to make your light shine brighter and brighter.  It comes from knowing who you are, what you love to do, and sharing your dreams and yourself with the world.  Then it is easy to sparkle."  Ginny 

1 comment:

  1. such beautiful uplifting quotes. Love your reflective painting.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!