Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

 
 
 
I just returned from a great yoga class.  Our instructor received a certification last weekend in Kids' Yoga. The theme for tonight's class was to be free like a child and to enjoy the class. We were encouraged not to worry about whether the pose was correct but to enjoy the pose and the experience.  When I came home I set an intention, as I began to paint, to just have fun.  I wanted to continue the experience of the yoga class and enjoy the feel of the pastels in my hand and on the paper.  I did not use expensive paper, I did not use any particular pastel and I didn't worry about my stroke.  I just enjoyed the moment and guess what -  I like the finished painting.  Amy Grant wrote, "More important than talent, strength, or knowledge is the ability to laugh at yourself and enjoy the pursuit of your dreams."   And Robert Fulghum wrote, "Be aware of wonder.  Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."  It's important to play. It is important to feel free to experiment and to discover new things.  Play helps you to do just that.  I hope that you will take some time to play this week.  It's fun!

Each Friday I share what what I am grateful for.  This week it is simple.  Normally the temperature in our area in August is from 90-100 degrees.  Today it was 71 with an incredible breeze.  It is amazing how different weather can make you feel. I know that the temperature will go back to normal soon but for now I am enjoying every single minute of this incredible weather.

 When you share your talent and dreams with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!

PS  Circle of Dreams begins the last week of September.  If you are interested in talking with a supportive group of women who also have plans and dreams they want to make happen, this is the group for you.  During our eight weeks together we will talk about how to find time for your dreams, the creative process, the importance of self-care, simple but effective strategies to help you when or if you become stuck and much more.  You can read more about Circle of Dreams  or contact me at ginny.lennox@comcast.net

2 comments:

  1. Ginny you are so right it's important to play and laugh at yourself. It's something that comes even more handy when you age...instead of being a grumpy pants you are a happy less than perfect fun older person who people love to laugh with... I find all my new oddities so funny... and say to my daughter...you just wait, as I laugh at myself...My friends are the same..the one that isn't gets headaches and seems less than happy!! I too am grateful for the cooler weather this weekend...
    Pretty artwork as always!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece, it's so soft and delicate!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!