Thursday, June 28, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude



When I look at this pastel I see lots of misshapen objects but I also see colors that I love.  So I decided that the good outweighed what needs to be improved and I am going to share it with you. When you tend to be a perfectionist that is not an easy thing to do.  But if I want to move forward, and I do, I think it is important to be proud of all of the work that I create.

It's Friday which means it is time to share what I am grateful for this week.  For the past six years I have been in a state of transition.  When I retired I knew I wanted to do something new and exciting with my life but I wasn't sure exactly what that would be.  So I took some time to learn about myself at this stage of life.  Creativity has always been a big part of my life.  I made sure that my students knew all about the ways that they were creative.  We talked about the theory of Multiple Intellingences and hands-on projects were always a big part of the lessons I created.  When I moved into administration, I encouraged the teachers to create lessons that allowed all of the students to succeed using all of their modalities.  Immediately, after retiring I created workshops for teachers that honored who they were and helped them to remember how important it was for them to take care of themselves each day.

Since retiring I have taken writing classes, photography classes, painting classes, learned what a blog is and created one, and worked with a life coach. I've created an online class and met people from all over the world.  It's been an exciting time.  It's been fun and rewarding being part of the creative community and I've decided I would love to share what I have learned over the years with other women who are going through transitions.  I've decided to take the next step and become a creativity coach. And that is what I am grateful for this week.  I'm grateful that I have taken the time to get to know me again.  I am grateful that I've realized we are never too young or too old to learn something new.  I'm grateful for all of the new friends I have met who have shared their stories with me.  As I go through the training, I thought it would be fun to share what I am learning with you.  So today's blog is the first step in a new adventure. I can't wait to see where it takes me.
                                              What are you most grateful for this week?

This post has been linked to Paint Party Friday.  I hope you will join me and all of the other artists at the party.  It is a wonderful place to visit.

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!