Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday's Walk




When I walk, I think, I observe, I reflect, and sometimes I just get lost in the walk.  When I go to the arboretum, I do all of those things.  It is a fairly small place that once was a plantation.  It is now owned by the city but not that many people know about it so you can go there and be all by yourself in what to me seems to be a very magical place.  Last week I shared the arboretum with a friend and we both really enjoyed the visit and our walk.

Every time I visit, I am struck by what a person or persons can accomplish with a dream and a vision.  The gardens were developed by two men who created a special place that many can now enjoy.  Their creativity and work now gives others a place to go, to think, to dream, and to create.
 
After my visit this week, I started working again on my small sanctuary in my backyard.  I am always recreating it to fit my mood and my vision.  It is a place where I go to start the day with a cup of coffee, or take a break with a good book, or end the day just looking at the stars.  It's not big.  Instead of a pond, I have a small tabletop fountain.  Instead of massive amounts of flowers, I have flowers in pots strategically placed so I can see them. It's manageable for me and I love it.  My next step is to add some of my paintings to it and see how that looks.  It would be a great place to go to paint or write.

I hope that if you have a vision or a dream that you will take the small steps necessary to make it come true.  I have learned how important it is to celebrate the small steps that often lead to the completion of a big dream.  I hope that you will too!


1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of your sanctuary in your backyard. It sounds perfect! Yes, baby steps take us towards our goals - and often the most enjoyable moments are those spent "going towards" something and enjoying every step of the way! I like you refreshing waterfall capture - just the sound of water is wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!