Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday's Quote and Reflection



                          "Art allows us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."
                                                                                                                                     Thomas Merton

When I read this quote I thought how true this was for me.  When I am painting or taking a picture or writing I can lose all track of time.  I become so caught up in what I am creating that it is as if time stands still.  There is no place to go, noone to call, or nothing else that I should be doing. It is truly being in the moment and the moment is always special.  That is why each day I set an intention to spend some time, even if it is only a few minutes, being creative. 

When I am creating something I am lost in the moment but afterwards I realize how much I have just learned about myself.  I am constantly changing and evolving so the process of getting to know myself is ongoing.  I believe that each day is a new beginning and when I am armed with the knowledge of what makes me happy then that beginning only gets better and stronger.  I hope that this week you will set aside some time, no matter how small, to create something beautiful.  It is truly a rewarding experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!