Thursday, June 14, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude



It's Friday!  One of my favorite days of the week.  This week I again worked in soft pastels. I really love the medium and I am so glad that I was reintroduced to it by a great teacher.  The first time I used them I did not enjoy the experience at all but now I love using them.  This picture is almost complete but I do think I should do something to the trees to make them look a more realistic.

On Friday I always post what I am most grateful to have experienced that week.  I had planned to write about how much I appreciate how people are always willing to share what they know and help when it is needed. I didn't realize how timely that subject was until I took my dogs for a walk this afternoon.

  Before, I sat down to write I decided to take my two dogs for a walk.  I have a five year old poodle that is calm, reliable, and sweet.  I also have a two year old Bichon that is very very different.  She has been "strange" since we got her and nothing seems to change her.  Most people believe she is a rescue dog because of how she acts but she's not.  She came from a loving home and she has been truly loved and spoiled since we got her.  But she is still afraid of everything and wants to do everything on her terms. For example, she will not let you pet her and runs if you try to.  Well, today on our walk she slipped out of her collar and began running into the street in a frenzy. Of course it was during rush hour when everyone was coming home from work.  Cars stopped, people got out and tried to help, and it was a circus and very scary for everyone.  The more everyone tried to help, the more frazzled Chloe became.  People quickly realized that they were not going to be of any assistance so after making sure I was ok they left. For some reason she decided to follow me home on her own. We ran sided by side as though she was on an invisible leash.  Once I realized she would run with me we made it home without too many incidents but it was really a frightening walk.

 This week I want to acknowledge how grateful I am to so many people.  Some are people I know well. Some are people I have never met yet who are willing to stop and offer a hand.  We often hear so many negative things about the people in our world but today was just another small, but important to me, example of how wonderful and caring and helpful people can be.  And for that I am very grateful.

PS  If you have every had a dog like Chloe and have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.  She went through group training which was a disaster and then we had a trainer come to the house which helped a little.  She can be very sweet. The most important thing to me is that I keep her safe and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!