Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday's Walk

 
 
This week's walk has once again been to my backyard.  Several weeks ago I wrote a short post about the sanctuary I was developing in my backyard.  The yard is not big but I love it.  We had lots of shade trees so I planted flowers that would grow in shade.  It was simple but cool and relaxing.  Imagine my surprise when I came home last week and two of the trees that provided lots of cover were gone.  I knew that there was a possibility that one of the trees might have to come down but not two.

I would love to tell you that I was gracious about the change to our yard.  But truthfully I was not.  I was really upset about what had happened and I let everyone who would listen know exactly how I felt.  After accepting the fact that the trees had to come down and that they were not coming back, I decided I needed to begin to recreate my sanctuary.  Now, I am planting flowers that love sun.  I have been visiting our local nursery and talking to the people who work there and I am learning all kinds of new things.  I still want a simple garden.  But now the garden can be filled with many different types of flowers and it will be fun to see what I can create.  I have decided that this summer I will just play with ideas and see what happens.  Then over the winter I will really begin to design the garden that I want. 

I am a firm believer in accepting the fact that life is always changing.  Sometimes the changes are huge and sometimes just a little bump in the road.  No matter what, I believe that it is how we face the changes and move forward that is important.  So this week my walk in the backyard had a few bumpy spots.  But I am sure that before I know it they will all be smoothed out and the garden will be more beautiful than ever!  How was your walk this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!