Thursday, June 21, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude



I have a weekly practice of posting what I am grateful to have experienced that week on my Friday blog post.  For the past six months, I have been a contributor to Jamie Ridler’s Creative Dream Journals.  This month the two have intersected as the topic for the journal is Gratitude and is due on the day I usually write my post.  I think the universe is reminding me that I can multi-task when I have to. 
 I have always been a person who has been grateful for the gifts that life has offered me.  But I know I have never been someone who has talked about those gifts or shared with others why I am so grateful for all that I have.  Six years ago I realized how easy it is to take for the granted the things that are there for us each day.  It was at this time my husband started having trouble breathing.  Breathing wasn’t something either one of us ever thought about.  We just got up in the morning and took a deep breath and started the day.  But then it suddenly became not so simple and through lots of tests and evaluations Greg was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension and life started to change.  When you go through a major life change it is easy to get discouraged and we were no different than anyone else.  But out of desperation, whenever one of us would see the negative the other would point out the positive.  Within a short time it became easier and easier to see the positive in most situations.  It took a little practice but it also became easier to share with others the simple but positive things I noticed in my life each day.  My hope was and is that if I share the things I am grateful for, I might touch someone else and they too will start to notice and celebrate the wonderful things they are experiencing.  It would be awesome to start a gratitude chain that just keeps growing and growing.
Since beginning this practice life has changed.  Each day is special.  Each moment counts.  The world is a beautiful place and I notice and appreciate all that it has to offer.  So the thing I am most grateful for this week is my gratitude practice.  I am so glad that I take the time to notice the special moments that appear each day.  I am glad that I take the time to share them with others.  I have noticed that the more I share with others the more they share with me.  I hope you will take just a minute to share with the world what you are most grateful for today and every day.  It is a simple practice that can make a big difference in your life.
I am linking this post to Paint Party Friday a wonderful place where artists meet to share their work and support each other.  Please join us.  There is always room for one more.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you on blogger ~ thanks for your lovely comments and am following you now on GFC ^_^ ~ enjoy the day ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!