Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday's Quote and Reflection

            

                         "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."  Lao Tzu

When I turn to my right I can look outside.  It's almost ten in the morning but it is really dark outside.  Today is one of the those rare dark dreary rainy days that I enjoy because it is rare. We have had a wonderful spring.  It has been sunny.  It has been cool.  I told someone that it is like fall but with beautiful flowers.  Because it has been so beautiful, I have not hurried through my days.  I have taken my time, enjoyed the moment, and yet actually did accomplish what I set out to do each day. 

When I reflect on what is different is my life - it's me.  I have just as much to do as I did in the past, the difference is now I do what is important, what makes a difference to me or my family, and what feels right.  I don't have to  hurry because I have learned to say, "no" to the things that don't make sense.  I am open to trying new things, meeting new people, and having new experiences but for all of the right reasons.  I don't have to fill my days with things to keep me busy because I have learned that slowing down and enjoying the sunrise or the sunset, the quiet moment, or the long conversation is much more important then what might come next.  Living in the moment, for the moment, is a freeing experience.  Not rushing through the day, but listening to the quiet sounds of the raindrops on the roof or the wind through the trees is relaxing and important..

I know that we are all different.  For some what I described above does not sound perfect.  For others, it sounds wonderful.  It's important to take time to figure out what is really important to you.  To know what makes each day special and then to create a life that supports who you are and what you love most.  It takes time to figure this out, but just like nature if we do not hurry everything can be accomplished!  

Remember:  When you share your talents and dreams with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!