Thursday, April 11, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude


                                                   Hold the Vision.  Trust the Process    (Author Unknown)
 I love the above quote. And this week, I did exactly what the quote said to do.  I held my vision of what type of painter I want to become and I am trusting that through the process I will get there.
I had lots of fun painting the above picture.  Most of the time I have been trying to get everything just right.  For some reason, this time it didn't matter.  I used the wrong kind of paper, my old pastels, and my trees are what many of my teachers have told me not to paint - lollipop trees and yet when I look at the painting it makes me happy.  And that is what this all about - having fun and painting something that makes me happy.

It's almost Friday which means it is also time to reflect on what I am grateful for this week.  We have had a beautiful sunny week but the air is filled with pollen and everything is covered in it.  Tonight it rained and the pollen has been washed away.  I know that a lot of people will be feeling a lot better and for that I am very grateful.  I am also so grateful for the time I get to spend with my grandchildren.  Their smiles and their laughter light up the room and my heart.  It is amazing how much fun it is to play tag with a fifteen month old.  He laughs at everything we do and for that I am also very grateful.

I hope that you have had a wonderful week filled with simple but special moments.  If you would like to share one or two, I would love to hear about them.

I am linking this post to Paint Party Friday and Creative Every Day.  Please stop by and say "hello" to a very talented group of artists.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!