Thursday, April 25, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude



                          All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
                                                                                                                    
 Ralph Waldo Emerson

This week in art class we were working on the different marks you can make with pastels.  As I usually do, I try to follow the steps and the procedures but then before I know I get into the "zone" and I am not following anything but what feels right.  Yesterday, I just went with it and enjoyed the process immensely.  As a fairly new artist, I think it is important for me to gain as much knowledge as I can, I think it is equally important for me to go with the flow and see what happens.  We talked in class about the importance of knowing our own style and really embracing and celebrating that style. I am starting to do that.  I realize that we all see things differently.  We all react to things differently and we are all inspired by different things.  And that is what I am grateful for this week.  I am grateful for the fact that we are all different and unique and special. I saw this quote recently, "Don't forget- no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories you have to tell."  Charles de Lint  I would like to add -  no one else can paint a picture, or take a photograph, or sing a song, or dance a dance the way you can.  We all have different ways to express ourselves and that's just one of the things that makes life so exciting.

       Remember -  When you share your dreams and talent with the world, magic happens!  
                                                         Let the magic begin!


                                         Linking to Paint Party Friday and Creative Every Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts, always so inspirational. I'm grateful for bloggers like you with a positive uplifting message to share. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote and wonderful words! I love the colors you used with your flowers, they have such a wonderful soft quality...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!