Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday's Quote and Reflection

              
     


                                Hold the Vision.  Trust the Process        (annonymous) 

Sometimes it is hard to keep the vision, other times it is hard to trust the process, and some times it is difficult to remember both. But I have found that if I have a vision for my day, or week, or year then I have a road map for where I want to go and what I want to do. But I also know that life often takes a few twists and turns and that is when I have to remember to trust the process.  When I trust the process I ask myself, "What did I learn from what just happened?  Should my vision change or should I continue on the path I am going and see what happens next?  I am always open to changing the vision if it is time to change, but I truly believe that it often takes time to create a vision and that I need to give myself that time. 

Part of my creative vision for this year is to continue to grow as an artist.  I want to paint more, learn more, and while getting better, not take myself or my painting so seriously that I am not having fun. Part of the process for me has been to post my work on my blog.  It was really scary to do this at first, but the more I share my paintings, the good, the bad and everything in between the more comfortable I feel talking about my work and what I am creating.  So by trusting the process I am strengthening the vision. I am learning that the more I paint, the more I want to paint.  I am learning that I don't like all of what I create and sometimes I can improve upon what I have done and other times I need to start over.  I am learning that I love the support of other artists as well the inspiration I get when I look at their work. I also know that this is a journey that  has no ending.  It will go on and on and that is exciting. 

                                   If someone asked you , "What is your vision for your creative life?" what would you say.  

                                       Remember:  When you share your dreams with the world, magic happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!