Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday's Post and Reflection

         

            "Your life is a work of art, and you are the sculptor who fashions it."
                                                                                   
Gail McMeekin
I love to start the week with a quote that inspires me to create a wonderful week filled with creativity and beautiful experiences.  I have been reading Gail McMeekin"s book, The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women and completing the journal that goes with it.  This morning I turned over the journal and the sentence above jumped out at me.  As women it is often hard to sculpt our own day much less our own life.  It is natural for us to take care of others first and put ourselves last.  But it is important for us to create a life where we are also an important part of the picture.  It is important to take care of ourselves with as Gail says, "exquisite self-care".  My mother used to tell me she wanted to be surrounded by pretty things.  For each of us that is something different.  For me it is nature.  I want to be able to see the sky, look at the grass, walk through the flowers.  I want my house to be filled not with lots of things but with simple things that I love.
I really love the image of creating a life that is filled with beauty.  Painting and writing are now an important part of that life.  So is communicating with others online and sharing what I am doing.  My hope is that as I share what I am doing I can encourage others to also create a life that they find beautiful.
                    I hope you  have a wonderful week filled with only beautiful experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post. I like reading blogs, because I always find something inspiring in each one.
    I love being surrounded by books. I could not live without books and my drawings.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!