Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Photo-Heart Connection

This is the second month that I have participated in Kat Sloma's Photo-Heart Connection which is a really interesting experience.  The photo-heart connection is about finding the picture that touches your heart and determing why that picture, or the experience that led to the picture, means so much.
 
During the month of March the weather has been beautiful and the flowers are beginning to bloom.  I took lots of pictures but none that were are as pretty as the real thing.  Then last weekend we went to a wonderful garden that has just opened close to us.  The gardens are the result of one man's dream forty years ago.  As we walked through the gardens which were spectacular, I noticed how quiet everyone was.  There were people of all ages, from tiny babies to toddlers and teenagers, all the way up to senior citizens in the gardens and it seemed that everyone was in silent awe of the beauty that surrounded them.  The time spent in the gardens reminded me of how important it is to have a dream and how important it is to pursue that dream with all of your might.  These gardens were a great reminder to me to never stop dreaming.  My dreams may be very different now that I am older but they are still just as important as they were when I was young.  So today I would like to thank Mr. Gibbs for the beautiful gardens he created for all of us to enjoy and for helping me to remember just how very important it is to dream.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginny,
    Beautifully written post and such a tranquil image (I enjoyed clicking on the larger version)! I love what you pulled out of the garden experience....folks that follow their dreams, both big and small, are so inspiring. Your reminder to us all to carry on is perfect! Sounds like Mr. Gibbs has a mini Giverny going on in his back yard, or back forty :)
    Hope your week is filled with wonderful dreams.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!