Thursday, April 12, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

 
 
I always look forward to Friday and getting to see all of the beautiful work produced by the many artists at Paint Party Friday.  You always have an open invitation to stop in and join the fun.  I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.
The construction work continues at our house.  It is a very long and slow process and our backyard continues to look like a construction site so I have not planted any spring flowers since they would only get ruined.  I am not an accomplished gardener but I do enjoy planting some flowers every year.  They just make me feel good. 
Years ago my husband built flower boxes around our deck.  He also planted several types of perennials which at the time I did not necessarily appreciate but I do this year.  I did not have to do a thing to the perennials. They just came up all on their own like they are supposed to do.  They ignored all the construction going on around them and reached for the stars.  So this week I am very grateful to my husband for planting those flowers years ago and to those simple plants that come up year after year and bring a smile to my face each morning.  Once again I am reminded that it is the simple things in life that can give us the greatest pleasure.
                                          What are you most grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!