Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude




It is Friday.  When I was working Friday was always special because that meant the weekend was coming.  Now, it means Paint Party Friday.  I look forward to visiting all of the many talented artists each week.  I love to look at their work and it is so nice to receive their support.
Friday is also the day I write about what I am grateful for that week.  This week I am grateful for the Art Camp I am going to.  We meet each Monday for four weeks.  Each week is devoted to learning just a little about a different artist and their style of painting.  We also use a different medium each week.  This week we used chalk pastels.  I had used them before and I did not like them.  But in this class I really enjoyed working with them.  I am so grateful to Shawn, my friend and instructor, for encouraging me to loosen up and to add more color.
I am also grateful to Kat Sloma for her wonderful online photography class, A Sense of Place.  I am learning so much about myself and the way I take pictures.  If you are interested in a wonderful photography class and teacher, this is the place for you.  The picture below shows a place I love to visit.
Creatively this has been a great week.  And, if you have been following me lately at all you know we have been going through  major construction.  It looks like the elevator may be in by the beginning of next week.  That will make life so much better for my husband who has a rare breathing problem.  It also means that the stairs will no longer be a problem and that we can enjoy the house we love for many more years to come.  For all of this, I am very very grateful.
     I hope you have had a great week and of course I would love to know what you are most grateful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!