Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

Just a simple sketch to contribute to Paint Party Friday.  I am not sure what my fascination is with drawing hats but I am enjoying making quick simple sketches that include hats.  I am hoping by doing this I will learn to be quicker and looser with my work.  I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.  This week Jessie decided to take the flowers off of her hat and change her hair color.  Maybe I should do the same.

On Friday it is my practice to share just a few of the things that I am grateful for.  This week as always I have lots of things that I experienced that stand out in my mind.  Seeing the deer up close as they wander through our yard, feeling the breeze as I walked the dogs, and watching a tiny baby bird up close as he hopped across our garage roof are just a few.
 I am also grateful for a simple reminder that the universe decided to send my way yesterday.  We live in the suburbs just a few miles from a large horse farm.  Each time I drive past the pastures I feel like I am out in the country and it feels so calm and peaceful.  I have said for a very long time that one day I was going to park the car and walk past the farm and the horses and really enjoy the experience.  But I was always too busy and so I just drove by and said to myself, "Next time I will stop."  Well, finally yesterday became the next time.  I parked the car with camera in hand ready to be transported to another place.  As I walked down the street, I realized that the peaceful ride I had while in the car enjoying the scenery was much different than the noisy experience I was having walking down the street as car after car whizzed by.  If I had stopped the car months ago, I would have learned sooner that riding by was actually the better experience for me.  It was a great reminder not to wait.  If you want to do something, do it.  It may turn out to  be the best experience you have ever had or you may learn as I did yesterday that you already have exactly what you want. 
                                      
                    I would love to know what you are most grateful for this week. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so true about not waiting if there is something you want to do. I kick myself so many times for shying out not saying what I want and then missing the opportunity. Thank you for that reminder! Your painting is lovely, the colors are so peaceful, I just love blues! I am reading a book right now called " Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway" and the author suggested starting an "abundance" journal where you write down daily everything you are thankful for and after a year there should be stacks of these in your closet to refer to anytime you feel down! Its been a really calming experience to write a few lines right before I go to sleep at night! Love your blog and all your wonderful insights! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I will look up the book. Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!