Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Special Moments of Gratitude

 
 
Another week has flown by.  My contribution to Paint Party Friday is a picture that I took a month ago.  I was at the park with my husband.  The park was filled with people laughing and having fun.  I had my camera and decided to take some pictures.  As I stood quietly by the lake, I looked to my right and there stood a duck looking back at me.  He was enjoying the view just as much as I was.  He was gracious enough to be very still as I took took his picture.  It wasn't until I got home that I even saw the second duck.  I printed out the picture and then use my pastels to color it in.  It was simple but fun and a great reminder of a perfect moment in a wonderful day.

This week I am grateful for many unexpected but special moments like the one above.  I find that as I move more slowly, try not to rush from thing to thing, and quietly watch and listen for those special moments they occur more and more.  I am sure they were always there, I was just too busy to notice them.  I hope that your week is filled with nothing but special moments.
                                               What are you most grateful for this week?

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!