Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday's Walk

 
 
 
This week I didn't walk nearly as much as I should.  But I did have a wonderful walk yesterday which was made even more special because I walked with two very dear friends.  It is amazing to me how we can have so many different types of friendships all of which are important.  There are friends from childhood and friends that you work with or share a hobby with.  There are friends who are parents of your children or who you happen to meet at a party, in a class, or at a meeting.  There are friendships that you develop online and there are friends that have known you for years and years and years.  Each type of friendship is special and unique and each type of friendship needs to be cherished and nurtured.
We all live such busy lives that it is easy to take people and their friendship for granted.  There are many ways to communicate but nothing is as special to me as actually seeing and talking to the person.  When I was a teenager I would spend hours and hours with my friends and on the telephone.  I remember sitting on the steps talking to my friends until bedtime even though we had just spent all day together.  Noone has time to do that anymore.  Nor do I want to.  But I do think it is important to talk to my friends, to see them, to share stories and memories, and to create new stories and memories together.  Is there someone you haven't talked to in awhile?  Is there a friend you have been meaning to call or meet for lunch or dinner?  Do it today.  You won't be sorry and neither will they.  Have a great time with your friend.  You deserve it and so do they.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right Ginny. I've been lucky enough to see a couple of friends this week, one started our friendship as a parent of my child's friend, now one if my closest friends, the other I've known for many many years. Each are so special and make me feel happy when I'm with them. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!