Thursday, May 17, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude



It's Friday and once again time to visit with all of the wonderful artists at Paint Party Friday.  I want everyone to know just how much your comments and encouragement means to me each week.

I was inspired by a watercolor I saw this week.  It was a painting of a beach on the Caribbean but somehow it reminded me of our cabin, or as we referred to it, our shack at the lake.  So I used my pastels to create my version of the shack.  We were lucky enough to own the shack from the time my son was eight until he went off to college.  It was a one room cabin which sat on pontoons on the water.  It really was small and in terrible condition when we bought it but over the years my husband and son spent hours and hours fixing it up.  It still was small when they finished but that never mattered. It was a special place we could go to have fun and be together and spend time with friends. We all have many wonderful memories of all the weekends and summers we spent at the shack swimming, and boating, and just having fun. 

This week one of the things I am most grateful for is my memories of the shack.  Over Mother's Day breakfast we shared stories and memories of all of the happy times we had there.  I know my pastel isn't perfect but neither was the shack and I have come to learn over the years that something doesn't have to be perfect to bring us joy.

I hope that you have had a wonderful week and would love to know what brought you joy this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!