Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday's Quote and Reflection




                                              Be not afraid of growing slowly,
                                       be afraid only of standing still.
                                                                                    
Chinese Proverb

This was a perfect quote for me to read today.  I was not sure what I was going to write but when I opened the book this was the quote that I opened to.  I realize that I am very goal oriented and like to set and reach goals quickly.  Since retiring things are moving much slower.  I am learning about lots of new things but have not really established myself as an expert in any one thing.  I like to feel like an expert.  It is just who I am.   I am going to have to really think about what the proverb above means to me now.  I need to remember I am not standing still.  I am moving forward at a slow rate of speed but I am moving forward and hopefully making a difference to others.  And for me, making a difference is a very important part of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!