Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday's Quote and Reflection

                              In seed time learn,
                                in harvest teach,
                                in winter enjoy
.
    William Blake

Yesterday when we got to the lake I walked just a little bit by myself.  As I stood on the bank, I looked to my left and there stood a beautiful white duck.  I thought she would immediately move or swim away but to my surprise she stood quietly never moving.  I was able to take quite a few pictures and I really enjoyed the moment. 

I have been taking lots of classes and workshops to become a better artist, a better, photographer or a better writer.  I am sure they all prepared me for this moment.  But in the moment, the thing I was most grateful for was that I happened upon this spot at just the right time with my camera ready to capture the beauty that was in front of me.  Just as Blake said, there is a time to learn, a time to teach, and a time to enjoy.  Yesterday was a time to enjoy.  I hope that your week will be filled with unexpected moments that you will take the time to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!