Sunday, September 29, 2013

Let the Learning Begin



"Life's challenge's are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." 
                                                                                                        Bernice Johnson Reagon, Musician

I like to begin the week with a quote that will inspire me in one way or another.  Although I think the quote above applies to what I am about to undertake, it could also apply to much serious challenges.  We have all been through them and when I look back I realize that I have learned alot about myself even if it is in hindsight.

I am about to embark on a technological challenge.  My computer is about to go so I am looking at buying a new one.  I am not easily overwhelmed but I was Friday night as the teenage salesman (who told us he built his first computer at six years old) quickly took me through all of the good and bad parts of each computer.  Then he told me that in October there would be changes and/or updates on everything I had just learned.  Some of the changes would make things easier; some a little more confusing.  So I decided to do what I was going to do anyway, go home and think about it. 

I realize for me it is easy to think "I can't do that" when it comes to anything technological. But I have also learned that "I can do that" if I slow down and take it one step at a time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this computer will last a few weeks longer and that by the time I get a new one I will have already begun to feel a little more comfortable with the adventure that I am about to begin. 

We all are different so you may not be overwhelmed by computers but for you it may be something else.  The Kaizen-Muse Creativity strategy of taking small steps to get past the feeling of being overwhelmed truly works.  So I am going to be small stepping it all the way back to the computer store soon.  Wish me luck!

 Have a great week and remember:

  When you share your dreams and talents with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!
                                                                                                                         Ginny

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!