Thursday, September 12, 2013

Do You Believe In Magic?



WIP Pastels on Pastelboard
Do I believe in magic?  Maybe.  I want to.  Whenever I look at the sky at night with all of the stars twinkling, it seems magical. When I am painting a picture and I plan on spending just a few minutes to get started and before I know it the afternoon is gone - it seems like magic!  I love the feeling of being so totally immersed in something that I don't hear the dogs barking, the phone ringing, or the television calling my name. It is as though someone has cast a magical spell over me and for a few hours nothing exists except my painting.  So I am going to have to change my answer. Yes, I do believe in magic!  It's wonderful, it's powerful, and it does exist every time I begin to create something new.  How about you?  Do you believe in magic?

It's Friday time to share what I am grateful for this week.  There are so many things to be grateful for this week but especially my husband's continuing good health. His experience reminds us every day that you can never take anything for granted and that you should never stop believing that things can improve. We just read the other day that they may have found something that could reverse his rare lung condition.  It didn't say when or exactly how but there is a chance which is incredible since just a few years ago many doctors did not even know the disease existed.  So I guess this is another good reason to believe in magic with a big dose of miracles and persistance and knowledge mixed in.

  When you share your gifts and talents with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin.
                                                                                                                   Ginny

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!