Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday's Quote and Reflection

                        






                              Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                 Chinese Proverb

I think this proverb has a message for so many of us.  I know it does for me.  We live in such a fast paced world that it is often hard to slow down and when we do it sometimes seems like we are standing still.  But I have learned that the slower I go, the more time I have, and the more progress I make. Several weeks ago I wrote about taking the time to think about and plan changes in my studio.  When I wrote that blog, I was thinking there would have to be major changes and new furniture, etc.  But when I set up my vision board on Pinterest I realized I have basically what I want and need.  This week I rearranged a few things and the studio is just what I need at this point in time.   

The above proverb goes with the basis of my coaching philosophy - take small steps and you will get where you want to go in a calm peaceful way.  I am using this philosophy in my garden this year.  It's a small garden but I am enjoying creating it so much more because I am doing a little at a time.  Each day I go out and enjoy listening to the birds sing as I plant my flowers.  I take time to appreciate all the green that surrounds me and the blue of the sky each morning.  It is a perfect way to start the day. 

It is interesting how slowing down can improve how you feel and think.  It can help you realize what is truly important to you and where you want to put your energy.  It can help you appreciate what you already have and recognize what you want to do in the future.  It can help you recognize the special moments in your day and remember them for a long time.  When we rush through life, we actually miss the things that mean the most.  So although I never want to stop growing, I know now that for me slowly but with purpose and intention is the way to move forward.  If you wanted to slow your life down just a little bit, what is one small step you could take?


You don't need diamonds to make your light shine brightly.  It comes from knowing who you are, what you love to do, and sharing your dreams and yourself with the world.  Then it is easy to sparkle.                                                                                                              Ginny Lennox  

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!