Thursday, May 16, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

 
 
 
My challenge to paint a sky a day continues.  I have not completed a picture each day but I have worked on something so I think that I will let that count.  Since I created the challenge, I can change the rules as I go.  I am having fun working on each painting and that is definitely one of my goals.  This is a really loose painting.  I am trying to decide whether to take a drawing class this summer.  I thing it is something that I need and would enjoy.  If anyone has a recommendation for a great online class, I would love to know what you have enjoyed.

It's almost Friday so it is time to share what I am grateful for this week.  Tonight I went to watch my middle grandson graduate from 4 year old kindergarten.  The children were adorable and I loved every minute of it.  I taught kindergarten many years ago and I know how much hard work goes into a performance like that.  I know how much the teachers plan and worry and want things to go just right.  But with four and five year olds you just never know.  Tonight one little boy decided to make a really cute but spontaneous gesture after receiving his diploma which got a big laugh.  The next twenty boys decided to add a gesture or two or their own.  My seven year old grandson could not wait to see what they were going to do next and was completely disappointed if they just hugged their teacher after getting their diploma.  So this week I am glad that I was Nana having a great time in the audience enjoying every minute of the whatever those kids decided to do.  I have been on that stage never knowing what was going to happen next.  I would not give anything for the years I taught, they were wonderful, but tonight it felt just right being able to just sit back and enjoy the show.  It has taken me a long time to adjust to being retired but I think I am finally there and for that I am very grateful.

   When you share your talent and dreams with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin.
                                                       Linking with Paint Party Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!