Thursday, May 9, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

I am really enjoying painting a picture of the clouds and the sky each day.  I try to vary what I paint a little in each picture but without thinking about it, the central theme in all that I paint tends to stay the same.  I realize that I am ok with that.
I am learning how important my touch is with the pastel.  Too hard and my pastel is going to crumble. Too soft and I won't get the rich color I want.  I also am beginning to feel the difference in paper and I now realize how using the right paper can really make a big difference.
I am anxious to see what will happen when I complete 30 sky paintings in a row. It is something new for me and something that I am enjoying. 

As I always  do on Friday, I want to share what I am most grateful for this week.  This week I have to admit I am grateful for something that may be considered superficial but I can't help it - I love convertible weather.  Today was the first day I was able to put my top down and I was ready. When I was a teenager many years ago my first car was a convertible.  I have always loved feeling both the sun and the wind on my face.  So today the sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and the top was down.  It was perfect!!
 
I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend with perfect convertible weather.  Rumor has it that it is going to rain here again all weekend but I had my perfect day and I am sure there will be more.  I am linking this post to Paint Party Friday. It is a perfect way to start the weekend, with or without rain 
 
 When you share your dreams and talents with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!