Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday's Walk - First Steps

 
 
 
"Take the first step in faith.  You don't have to see the whole staircase.  Just take the first step.
                                                                                                                       Martin Luther King Jr.
Each week I share a Kaizen-Muse coaching tip.  Over and over again I write about the importance of taking small steps but when I read this quote I realized that they are all important but it is often that very first small step that makes the biggest difference. It is the step that begins it all.  It is the first word of a story that turns into a book.  It is the first painting that is the beginning of a series of paintings.  It is the first cookie baked, the first song sung, the first time you put on your ballet slippers, or pick up a guitar that begins a journey that sometimes you cannot even imagine.

Today I am celebrating a friend who's book is being published soon.  She started this book many years ago and wrote and rewrote her wonderful story.  I was lucky enough to share part of the journey with her.  I am sure the first step was hard and I know that all of the many many times she took two steps forward only to take one step back were not always easy.  But I also know that she enjoyed the process and is incredibly excited about each first step she is taking now.  She is kind enough to share what is happening and the excitement in her voice and emails are so much fun to hear. 

Is there something that you have been thinking about doing?  Do you know what the first step might be?  What would happen if you took it?  Can you close your eyes and visualize how it would feel to take that step?  I'd love to hear about what first step you are dreaming of.

On another note this the last week of the Summer of Color challenge.  The colors this week are sepia and sage.  I started my landscape with these two colors and I found them to be very soothing.  I am sure they will find their way on to my canvas again.  I want to thank Kristin for hosting this challenge.  It was fun, it took me out of my comfort zone, and it was another first step.  I look forward to being part of this wonderful group again next summer.  Thank you again, Kristin.

  When you share your dreams and talent with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin. 

Circle of Dreams
will begin in September.  It is eight weeks of sharing your dreams, your ideas, and yourself with other women. I would love to have you join us.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for your friend. I would love to have a book published. My trouble isn't the first step in this case, it's that I race up the first storey and then get stuck on the landing-I've started 2 novels which I get so far with then can't think where I want them to go!
    Your piece this week is beautiful-not unlike looking out my sunroom window when the fog is shrouding the hills!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!