Thursday, July 4, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude





 "Breathe.  Let go.  And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you have for sure."
                                                                                                                                    Oprah Winfrey

I think the quote above is such a great reminder to enjoy yourself each and every day.  The fourth is almost over.  It has been raining off and on all day but it's been a warm rain and people have still been determined to celebrate.  I can hear the mixture of thunder and fireworks as I type this.  It has been a quiet fourth at our house but it has still been a day to remember.

This week I am very grateful that I was given the  opportunity to write about my gratitude practice for the blog Bliss Habits.  Any time I can share how this practice has enriched my life, I am glad to do so.  As I mentioned before, today was rainy and not very holiday like.  Although I would have loved to be at the lake watching the fireworks, I am grateful for the peaceful quiet day it turned out to be.  We had our picnic inside and still enjoyed our hamburgers without the added delight of ants!  There is always something to be grateful for when you look for it.  In fact, I have learned that as I enjoy the simple moments more and more, there is always something new to be added to the list of things to appreciate each day.

It seems that I am going back to painting my landscapes.  When I sat down to paint I wasn't sure what I was going to paint except I knew that I wanted to use pink and gray for this week's Summer of Color Challenge. I started out with pink and gray but before I knew it a landscape was developing with of course water and so many colors besides pink and gray were quickly added. I think this can still count as my contribution to the challenge. 

If you have a long weekend and would like to visit some wonderful artists, I definitely recommend stopping by
Paint Party Friday and Summer of Color.  You will be so glad you did.     

 Remember:  When you share your dreams and talents with the world, magic happens.  Let the magic begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!