Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday's Quote and Reflection


             Picture


                 Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
                                                                                                      Anthony J. D'Angelo
       
I love this quote.  It is has been rainy and dreary all week.  I was hoping for snow but it didn't come and so we were all disappointed.  Friday the sun came out and people started to come out of their houses.  I heard people in the coffee shop talking about how different they felt now that the sun was back and I understood what they were saying.  And then today I decided to find a quote about sunshine and this made so much sense to me.  I can bring my own sunshine with me  no matter where I go or what I am doing.  I don't have to let the weather affect how I feel. On rainy days I can remember how much I love to curl up with a good book and read with a cup of tea or coffee.  I can also remember how much I used to love to jump and play in the puddles when I was little.  Just the memory may be enough to make me smile or I might need to take a walk in the rain and if not jump in at least stomp in a few puddles along the way.

Bringing our own sunshine with us can take on so many different meanings.  Think about how a sunny smile can go a long way to cheer up a grumpy person or how a sunny personality makes others feel just a little bit happier even though they may not know exactly why.  When I look at the sculpture above it reminds me of so many things that make me feel like I am experiencing the warmth of sunshine.  Friendship, sharing, creating, teaching, all make my world sunny. 

Someone just told me it is supposed to rain again Thursday.  But this week I won't let it bother me because today I was reminded that no matter what I can always bring my own sunshine into any situation.  I hope you have a sunny week filled with lots and lots of special moments.

What brings sunshine to your world no matter what the weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!