Thursday, January 10, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude


Picture


Wow, this painting certainly looks different than what I usually post.  Art Camp is back in session and this week we worked again with acrylics. It was fun trying something different but I realize more and more how much I like working with pastels.  What I think I will do is try to recreate this using pastels and see what happens.  It will be interesting to compare the difference in both the process and both of the final products.

My word for this year is laughter.  I want to find and enjoy laughter wherever I go.  Last Sunday I spent time with my three grandsons.  The baby loves to be with his big brothers (who are not that big) and he laughs at everything they do.  When his middle brother decided to "rock out"  Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the keyboard the baby thought it was the funniest thing he had ever heard.  By the time the song was done we were all singing and dancing and laughing.  It was the perfect way to spend a day. So week one of the new year included lots of laughter. And what I just realized is that if I wasn't keeping this gratitude journal I might have truly enjoyed the moment but then moved on to something else.  But writing it down and sharing it with others has helped me to enjoy it all over again.  And for that I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!