Thursday, February 14, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude




Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I hope that no matter what you are doing it is special.  Today was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining and the air was crisp and cold.  When I stood outside and looked up at the sky it was bright blue with not even one cloud.  It made start to think about spring and how I wanted to create a new space in the backyard to draw and read and to just be quiet each day.  I recreate this space each year and it is always something that I look forward to doing.  I keep it small and easy to maintain.  That way I can enjoy it more.  For some gardening is the fun part, for me it is looking at the results.  So I am a person who loves plants in pots. 

If you have been here before, you know that it is my practice to reflect on what I am grateful for at the end of each week.  Today it is something that I have no control over. Today I am very grateful for the blue skies that I was able to enjoy this morning.  Looking at the deep blue sky was like visiting a lovely gallery that had been created just for me. What was really awesome was that I didn't even  have to get dressed up to go.  They allowed me in - pajamas and all.  Learning to take a moment each day to appreciate something in nature and then combining that with a deep breath or two is something else that I am grateful for this week.  I hope that you too will take a moment today to look up at the sky and take a deep breath.  It is truly a Valentine's gift you can give yourself all year long.

Please take a moment to visit all of the wonderful artists at Paint Party Friday and Creative Everyday.  It is wonderful way to start the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!