Wednesday, December 5, 2012

 
 
As I am walking, one of my goals is to really pay attention to where I am going and what I am seeing.  I try to look at all of the beautiful colors around me or smell the freshly cut grass.  Most of the time my goal is to be fully present in my walk and to enjoy every moment.

There are other times when I am walking that I have a different goal.  There may be something on my mind that I want to be able to answer or solve.  For many people, writing in a journal is a perfect way to answer a question or discover what they are really feeling.  I have found that if  I ask myself a small question while I am walking the creative side of my brain often kicks into gear.  If I don't find the answer that I am looking for, I wait.  Eventually, an idea or maybe more than one will appear. It may not be the answer I want to follow but it is the beginning that can lead to the change that I am looking for. 

About a year ago Jamie Ridler (Jamie Ridler Studios) asked me this question, "Do you realize what a great life you are creating?"  I stopped and thought and thought some more. I  was really surprised at how differently this question made me look at the life I was living.  I had never thought about the fact that I was indeed creating the life I was living rather than just reacting to situations as they arose.  I was making conscious choices about how I wanted to spend my time.  I was learning more about myself so that when I did choose to do something it was because it was something I valued doing and would add to the quality of my life or someone else's life.  I was surrounding myself with supportive people and learning new things.  Now, because of this question I stop before starting something new.  I ask myself many small questions to determine if this new idea or activity or situation will add something to the life that I am creating. It is fun to think of my life as something I am not only living but creating just like a beautiful story or painting.   Today I would like to ask you a question. 
                       What is one small step that you can take to create the life you want to live?

Remember, by asking small questions and taking small steps you can not only create a wonderful life or produce a extraordinary product or experience but you can enjoy the entire journey along the way.  Why not start today?  Ask yourself a small question and then take a very small step towards creating the life you always wanted to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!