Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude




This is a pastel I did at class on Monday.  I feel like it is a collaborative piece since my instructor and I worked on it together in so many ways.  On Wednesday I wrote that I knew I would be inspired by the picture I took of the sky and when I looked at my painting I realized that I had been because the mountain reflected so many of the colors that were in the picture.  It was a great reminder to me of the importance of being aware at all times of the beauty that surrounds me.

On Friday it has become my practice to share with the world what I am most grateful for this week.  This week it is again for the people who have come into my life.  I know that I have written about my husband's illness before.  The medicine he has to take has serious and very unpleasant side effects but he is committed to doing whatever he can to feel as good as he can so he never misses a dose.  He has talked to many wonderful health professionals about what he could do about the side effects but nothing has worked.  The other day he had a call from someone new to check on him and he again explained what was happening and asked if this person had any advice.  And they did.  Something as simple as rinsing out his mouth after taking the medicine has made a huge difference. I am of course so grateful for this person and their knowledge.  I am also grateful that they took the time to listen and had the ability to understand what was happening.

It think this is such a great life lesson in so many ways.  It reminds me that if I have a problem I should never give up trying to find a solution.  It reminds me of the importance of finding the right person with the right answer.  It might not be the first, second, or third person I ask but eventually I will be able to find the answer or at least some type of information.  It also reminds me of how important it is to listen to someone and how if I can offer just a simple solution to their problem I can make a huge difference in their daily life. You never know when the information you share will have the power to change someone's life for the better.  I hope that you have had a great week and will share what you are grateful for experiencing this week.

                                         
                          I have linked this post to Paint Party Friday and Creative Every Day.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful and special painting ~ Love the inspiring and dynamic colors ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!