Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

 
 
 
This week I don't have a new painting to share but I do have a painting that I did a long time ago that I wanted to write about.  When I first started painting I was very self conscious about what I was creating and I can still be but I'm getting better about this.  When I painted this girl, I knew there were so many things technically wrong with the painting but I still liked it.  No one else in the class said anything about it (good or bad) and it didn't matter.  I just liked it so I framed her and hung the painting where I could see it but not really in a prominent place where others may also enjoy it.  Because of the comments many of you have made over the course of the time I have been visiting Paint Party Friday, I think I'll move her where others can see her.  I've come to realize (because of your comments) that my work doesn't have to be perfect for it to mean something to someone. One painting I posted reminded someone of a lake they went to when they were young.  The same painting reminded someone else of the ocean and how much it meant to them and a third person a river they sat by when they wanted to relax. They all saw the same painting, they all saw something different, and they all were reminded of a place they loved.  If my paintings, whether they are technically correct or not, connect with others and remind them of something special, or peaceful, or exciting than I am very very happy and I have accomplished what I have set out to do. 

I am very grateful this week for so many things but I am just going to mention just one.  It's fall.  The weather is cool in the morning, warm (not hot) in the afternoon, and cool again in the evening.  It's my favorite time of year and I am going to enjoy every moment.  How about you?  What makes you smile this week? 
        
                             I am linking this post to Paint Party Friday a very special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!