Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude

                If the only prayer you said in your whole life was "thank you" that would suffice.
                                                                                                 Meister Eckehart, German Theologian

Each Friday I take just a moment to think of all the things that I have to be thankful for.  Since beginning this practice several years ago it is amazing how the list seems to grow and grow and yet many of the same things appear week after week.  It is a wonderful reminder of all that is important to me.

The ocean is very important to me.  It gives me such a peaceful feeling everytime I get to visit it.  It inspires me to try new things and it reminds me that as much as things change they stay the same. It is a place to go where I can rest and relax, think and have fun, and really take the time to fully focus on what it important in life. So I am very excited that we will be planning a trip to the beach soon.  It's been almost a year since I heard the sound of the waves crashing against the beach and I can't wait.  So this week I am very grateful that I get to plan a trip to one of my favorite places.

What are you most grateful for this week?  Is it a special place, person, or memory?  Or maybe it is something else.

I am sharing my pastel with all of the artists at Paint Party Friday and Creative Every Day.  Both are wonderful places to visit. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pastel -- and I share your love of the ocean. I have lived within a couple of miles of it for nearly 40 years and don't think I could live away from it, at this point. It's a big part of the day-to-day patterns of my life.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!