Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday's Walk - Making a Commitment




I look forward to writing my Wednesday's post.  It is the day I have chosen to share a coaching tip as well as get to visit all of the wonderful people who share their workdesk on What's on your Workdesk Wednesday.  (WOYWW)  It's fun to meet new people and be inspired by what they do and where they work.

Wednesday's Walk started because I often do my best thinking as I walk. And so I've made a commitment to share some of the things I think about as a Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach each Wednesday.  This week I have been thinking about the importance of making a commitment - to yourself and your dreams.  I am not one to write my posts way ahead of time.  I like to get up on Wednesday morning and write my post for the day.  That's just me.  This morning when I got up I knew I had things to do for my husband, needed to get ready to visit with my grandchildren, as well as do some other things that needed to get done.  My old self (which tried to creep into my thoughts) thought I'll just write the post later after I get everything else done.  The new self said, "Wait a minute!  You made a commitment to yourself to share a coaching tip each week.  Your commitment to others is very important but so is the commitment you made to yourself."  So I took a second to rearrange my thoughts, decided what I should do first (write this post), and then got to work on the other things I want or needed to do. One of the things I write about often is how we can move ahead and make progress on our dreams if we take small steps.  This is very true.  But there has to be a commitment to those small steps.  If you want to make a change, start a business, create a new hobby, it can all be done by taking one small step a time.  But small steps will only become big changes if we are commited to taking those steps.  I love coaching women who are beginning to make changes in their lives and need a little extra support. I'm commited to helping them find the time to make those changes.  I am commited to helping them overcome the obstacles that may stand in their way such as perfectionism or overwhelm.  So my coaching tip for today is -  taking small steps towards making your dream or dreams come true works. It truly works!  But you have to be commited to taking those steps in order to see where they lead you.  It is that commitment that makes what was once a beautiful idea become a beautiful reality.  What commitment and small step would you like to make and take today?

If you have ever thought about working with a coach I would love to talk with you.  Please don't hesitate to contact me at ginny.lennox@comcast.net. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. 

Remember:  When you share you dreams and talents with the world, magic happens.  Let the        magic begin today.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! Everything you say is true! We can do anything as long as we commit to it and don't stop until we do it!!!
    xxDaniella#92

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!