Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday's Special Moment of Gratitude





Each day is special.  Each day gives a chance to begin over, to create something new, to celebrate who we are. Once we realize that, life becomes filled with endless possibilities.

I had just finished writing the last three sentences when my cell phone decided to give me an opportunity to put into practice what I had just written.  I hate it when things break and all of a sudden for no reason my phone wouldn't work.  So I thought ok, a new possibility to see what I can do.  Can I fix it by myself?  Can I stay calm which is something I can do for any other type of problem but not when the problem is the least bit technical.  Can I see this as an opportunity for growth? 
I tried to make the phone work.  Nothing I did made a difference.  So I stayed calm and drove to the Verizon store expecting a long line and an even longer wait to see someone.  Luckily, it did not take long and of course the girl ( who knew what she was doing) had it working in a second. 

So I got a chance to see myself in a different light.  I did try to fix the phone.  I did not get irritated with the phone or myself when I couldn't fix it.  I learned that even though I hate it when I don't know what I am doing; it is not that hard to ask for  help.  Sound simple?  It was.  But it is not something I always do. So as silly as it sounds, this week I am grateful that my phone broke and in the process of getting it fixed I learned a few new things about myself.

Is there something that made you smile, grow, or that you are grateful for experiencing this week? 

I hope that you will take a minute to visit the artists at Paint Party Friday and Creative Every Day.  It is a wonderful way to begin the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!