Thursday, October 3, 2013

Why







"To ask, "How do you do it?" is already starting off on the wrong foot.  When reaching for the stars, there does not have to be a how if there is a big enough why."  Criss Jami


I had breakfast the other day with a good friend and we spent a lot of time talking about the importance of knowing why we do something.  We often know what we want to do, or how we are going to do it, but understanding why we are doing it is also very important.  So today I asked myself why I paint and why it is so important to me that I share my work on Paint Party Friday each week.  The answers are really very simple.  I paint because I love to paint.  When I am painting I am in my own little world.  There is nothing to worry about and nowhere to go. It's just me and the canvas.  Time goes quickly and when I am finished I feel good.  I love the feel of putting the paint on the paper and because my work is all about the experience and not the final product I am usually happy with what I have created. 

Now, why is it so important to post on Paint Party Friday each week?  It is all about the connections I have made.  I've met people from all over the world.  I have learned so much because of their willingness to share their work and their process.  I've been encouraged and supported by people I have never met but who I consider friends. It's fun and something I look forward to each week.

The answers to these two questions came quickly and easily but there are other questions that may arise that will not be so easy to answer.  I do think it is important to take a moment to reflect from time to time and ask yourself the question why.  You may be surprised at the answer.

Each Friday I write just a line or two about what I am grateful for each week.  I am so grateful for the conversations I have with friends whether they be online or in person.  These conversations make me laugh, make me think, and help me to understand the everchanging world through someone else's eyes.

How about you?  Why do you paint?

When you share your dreams and talents with the world magic happens.  Let the magic begin!

                                                                                                                                    Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. It is always such fun to hear from you!